Thursday, January 27, 2011

W2D5 - Thank God It's Thursday

If in the Philippines it's TGIF, here in Dubai it is TGIT – Thank God it’s Thursday.  

Dubai is a Muslim country therefore their day of worship is Friday, however since it is also one of the most well-known travel spots in the world and for them to be in line with the international market, instead of a Thursday & Friday weekend they have shifted it to Friday and Saturday. 

That’s why I love Thursdays…and most of the time hate waking up on Sunday mornings.

In the company where I am currently working, we have this gathering every last Thursday of the month.  A certain department will be in charge of a 1-hour (or so) program, that includes speech from the HOD (head of department) or one of the team members, games (where there will prizes given), and of course a very delicious breakfast catered by the F&B department of one of the prestigious 5 star hotel here in Dubai. 

I was suppose to bring my DSLR but since I was running late, it went out of my mind (As always!).  Fortunately, my colleague brought her DSLR and told me to take pictures as their department is in-charge of today’s program.  As expected, my favorite subject of the day is FOOD!



Note - I will add more pictures of the food later : )

No comments:

Post a Comment