Friday, January 28, 2011

W2D6 - New Bed & the Story behind It

Earlier in December 2010, I moved from a company-provided accommodation to a rented 2 bedroom flat (I'm sharing it with a couple so I'm like paying half of the rent only).  It was challenging at first because I have to look for an apartment that would be situated not too far from the office and must be near a Metro Station (I don't drive yet so I need to rely on public transportation), it should be in a safe community, near friends (don't have relatives here), and affordable rent (a bed space here is like renting a whole apartment in Manila!). 

Then after the apartment hunting was done, I had to buy furnitures / appliances, I only have the entertainment type appliances and a few shelves for books and decors. I opted to buy brand new appliances like the ref, stove & washing machine then decided that for the bedroom things I can settle for a 2nd hand.  There's a lot of 2nd hand shop here, especially in Deira & Karama - so yeah I got this "bedroom showcase" as my flatmate called it, King Sized bed frame & foam, two side table, a dresser and a mirror - it's a really great find and deal. 

Until this morning... We decided to inspect & clean the bed as I had some rashes and bites.  And guess what we found! Bed Bugs ewwww! So out goes the bed frame and foam to the trash! No bed, not even a foam...

I'm lucky coz I have some extra cash to buy this bed - it's way smaller (only a double-sized bed) but I think it's cozier and I like the fact that I have so much space now in my bedroom.  I remember I used to tell my flatmates that I like their bed better coz it's smaller, now I got my wish, only with a prize (be careful what you wish for literally!).



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment